VVLA&S offers a full range of Employment Law expertise — from pre-litigation advice, to assisting employers with HR-related issues, to litigation proceedings (jury trials, court trials, binding arbitrations, and mediations).
Our Employment Law Practice Group seeks to minimize employer-employee disputes by addressing issues before litigation becomes the last resort. However, if litigation is necessary, VLA&S attorneys are ready to vigorously defend claims in both state and federal courts on behalf of:
- Sole proprietorships hiring out for specific services
- Small, medium and large businesses (including startups)
Examples of cases our Employment Law Practice Group has litigated or counseled include:
- Labor and employment law disputes
- Wrongful termination
- Civil rights violations/allegations
- Violations of Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and California Family Rights Act (CFRA)
- Invasion of Right to Privacy
- Interference with prospective economic advantage
- Sexual harassment
- Invasion of Privacy
Disputes with current or former employees often require appearing before various governmental agencies. VLA&S attorneys also provide advice and representation before Labor Commissions, EEOC, the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, EDD, the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, and the Worker’s Compensation Appeals Board.
As always, our approach is highly cost-sensitive and the client maintains a central role in planning and strategy.
Attorneys in our Employment Law Group