VLTA believes that our strength lies in our attorneys and staff.
Are you ready to join our team?
To apply for a position, please submit your resume to us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Job Title: Associate Attorney
Established in 2002, VLTA is an experienced, AV-rated, civil litigation and business counseling law firm providing clients with cutting-edge expertise in a variety of legal specialties including Appeals, Business Disputes and Litigation, Commercial and Corporate, Construction Law, Cyber Liability, Employment Law, Estate Planning, Insurance Regulatory and Transactional, Personal Injury, Products Liability, Professional Liability, Real Estate Broker/Agent Malpractice, Real Estate Law, and Transportation Law. Our attorneys practice in federal court and all California state courts as well as selected other states throughout the country. We aim to provide the highest level of legal services in a timely, cost-effective and results-oriented manner, consistent with the client’s objectives and needs. We believe in open communication with our clients through every step of the process and strive to exceed our client’s expectations.
Due to the continued demand for our services, our law office has an immediate need for the professional services of an Associate Attorney to represent our clients and support our partners and senior attorneys with legal research and case preparation. The Associate Attorney will perform legal research, draft and analyze legal documents, appear in court, and advise clients on legal matters.
The hired individual will be responsible for the following duties:
- Appear in judicial matters and represent clients in an ethical and professional manner;
- Prepare and conduct hearings and discovery, including depositions and interrogatories;
- Assist partners and senior attorneys with trial preparation;
- Review court procedures to ensure case filings comply with court-specific requirements and firm standards;
- Research and analyze laws on case matters assigned by the firm’s partners or senior attorney;
- Draft and edit briefs, memo, motions, and other legal documents for submission to senior attorneys, opposing counsel, court, or client;
- Analyze legal issues, identify legal strategies, and anticipate legal outcomes;
- Keep up to date with new legal developments, including laws, cases, and best practices;
- Monitor case progress and key deadlines.
- Juris Doctor degree;
- Licensed to practice law in the state of California;
- One year of work experience as an attorney making appearances for hearings in civil litigation;
- Proficient in Lexis Nexis and Westlaw.
Apply to Van De Poel, Levy, Thomas, Arneal LLP c/o Virginia Balestrieri, 1600 S. Main St., Suite 325, Walnut Creek, CA 94596.