VLT represents beneficiaries and fiduciaries in all aspects of trust and estate litigation, including
- Trust and Will contests
- Actions for Recovery of Property related to a Trust or Estate
- Financial Elder Abuse Litigation
- Fiduciary litigation
- Contested Conservatorship Litigation
Our team is particularly skilled at working through difficult family dynamics to settle disputes before they get out of hand. Trust and estate litigation is often highly complex, with several parties and subjective interpretations of applicable law involved. Our trust and estate litigation team handle a variety of disputes including:
- Contests over the validity or interpretation of trusts, wills and other testamentary documents in part or in full
- Challenges to heirship or disinheritance
- Disputes over the capacity of the testator or claims that the testator was a victim of fraud, coercion, undue influence or elder abuse
- Disputes between family members over who should act as the fiduciary
- Claims against trustees and other fiduciaries for misconduct, breach of fiduciary duty, removal and surcharge
- Disputes concerning the characterization and distribution of trust and estate property; controversies over fiduciary accountings
We can assist clients from all over the United States so long as the matter involves property or an estate in California.
By working closely with you, we will make sure you understand your rights and responsibilities, the nature of the conflict and your best options for resolution.
Contact VLT to schedule a consultation.